Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Starting Over

I joined a new gym this month - one that has an outdoor pool. Hurray for outdoor swimming!

I just joined last week and went and swam twice. I plan on going three times this week - probably two swims and one different workout.

I'm gradually easing my way back into things. At this point, I am honestly starting over like a beginner exerciser. Because when you go months without doing a single workout - or maybe just one workout that month -  and those months turn into a year, you really are a beginner.  And I'm fine with that. I'd rather workout three times a week than not at all. There will be no triathlons for me this summer. I just don't think I could get myself race ready.

There are a lot of reasons why I haven't exercised very much over the past year - some very recent. But I'll go into that later.

For now I'm just happy that I want to exercise again. I'm looking forward to seeing progress - because the gains are always great in the beginning.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You are back! Starting over is tough, but you will be surprised how quickly you get back in the groove :)

    ReplyDelete