Sunday, November 20, 2016

Change is hard

Dan and I were very fortunate to have both found jobs very quickly after arriving in Philly.  Unfortunately we both had to start those new jobs only a week after finally being able to move into our new home. We never really had a chance to unpack and settle in once we got here.

I really like my job and can see a future with lots of opportunities. But the commute is a bear. It takes about 45 minutes in the morning. Not great but bearable. But the ride home. Ugh! I'm only going 23 miles, but if I got home in an hour I considered it a good day. Lately it's been creeping closer to 90 minutes regularly. And one night when it rained it took two hours.

I haven't been getting home until 6:30 or 7:00, and I leave the house just after 7 am. That is a loooong day!

Needless to say, workouts have just not happened since I started working.

But...I sat down with my boss last week and told her the commute was killing me. And the first words out of her mouth were "Change your hours." Awesome! So I'll be going in and leaving an hour earlier to avoid some traffic. And I'll only have to wake up 20 minutes earlier to do this. I'd been leaving so early in the mornings anyway to beat the traffic, I was arriving at work 30 minutes before my actual start time.

 I'm so happy with this change. I'll finally be able to exercise again! Spin class, here I come!

Maybe I'll even have time to blog again 😀

1 comment:

  1. This is great! Love that you love the new job and that you are working for a company that is felxible!

    ReplyDelete