Tuesday, June 14, 2016

The Next Chapter

I know, I know...if anyone is even reading this, my blog has been incredibly silent lately. I have had a LOT going on including one big secret. But I can finally let it out.

First of all, it's no secret that the Sharks had an incredible post-season run, making it all the way to the Stanley Cup finals, only to lose to the Penguins on Sunday. After 25 years, I finally got to go see my team play in a finals game. I am so incredibly proud of their success this season - even if it didn't end the way I would have liked. But I actually got to see the Stanley Cup awarded in person. That's a once in a lifetime experience.

On the way to the game. Look at that banner!

Lord Stanley's Cup

The other thing that has been keeping me busy - and the reason why I haven't been able to sign up for any races this season - has been this.

House for Sale

Dan and I have decided to take advantage of the booming Silicon Valley real estate market and sell our house. We have spent all spring preparing to list our house for sale. Two garage sales, tons of purging and donating of clothes and stuff we no longer need or want, cleaning, painting, new carpet, new kitchen lighting.

Wish we had done this to the kitchen years ago!

All of that hard work did pay off. We listed our house for sale and were under contract within a week. We need to be out of our house July 8th and are heading back to the town where I grew up.


Cue Elton John: "Philadelphia Freedom! Shine on me."
I never thought at my age that I'd be moving across the country and starting all over again. But it's really the best financial decision for us. And if I'm going to leave California, I want to have some familiarity. I've still got some family and I'm still close with a few of my friends from high school. (Thank you, Facebook!) In fact, one of my best friends did the house hunting for us and found us a rental. So we will instantly have a network when we get there.

So, this is why I haven't signed up for any races this season. I didn't know how long I'd be in California or when I'd get to Philly. And even if I did, my workouts have been nonexistent for months due to all of the house prep plus stress.

I'm looking forward to getting across the country, finding a new gym, and settling back into a routine.

But before that can happen, there is one more major step. Road Trip!!!!

To be continued...


1 comment: