Wednesday, March 23, 2016

The Un-Race Report

So I was supposed to do a 10k on Sunday...but I flaked. Like I mean, totally didn't even set my alarm clock flaked.

I found out late last week that my friend who was doing the event with me wasn't going to make it. I was disappointed at first, but figured since I wasn't necessarily trained for 10k I'd go and do the 5k by myself instead.

My parents were coming over Saturday night to hang out and watch hockey and basketball, so I figured it would be a mellow night. But instead my brother, sister-in-law, and niece all came too and it turned into a "less mellow" night. In other words, the beer and wine were flowing. We had a great time, laughed way too much over a joke about pancakes, and stayed up too late for someone who was supposed to race in the morning.

So when I finally went to bed, I decided I wouldn't set an alarm but if I woke up in time I'd get up and go. I normally don't sleep past 7:00 on weekends anyway so there was a good chance I'd still make it. And I did wake up in time, but my warm bed was more appealing then driving 40 minutes to walk a 5k by myself. So I rolled over and caught a few more Zzzzz's.

And I don't feel the slightest bit guilty about it. Time and memories with family are way more important.


No comments:

Post a Comment