Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Time Flies

It's been almost a month since I've written anything so I thought I should blow the dust off the blog and put pen to paper - or fingers to keyboard.

Dan & I celebrated our lucky 13th wedding anniversary over the 4th of July weekend with dinner out, a round of golf, and fireworks.

Other than that I feel like I haven't done anything memorable to write about in the past month, but when I look back at my Training Peaks log it seems like I was doing pretty well on my workouts. I haven't been in the pool much, but I'm signed up for a 10k on August 1 so I've been walking - a lot!

Or at least I was until last week. We had family in town over the weekend so the later half of last week was spent cleaning and getting my house ready to host everyone for dinner on Saturday night and for my brother, sister-in-law, and niece to stay overnight. (More on that to come.) Then once back at work on Monday and back to a normal schedule, my hip flared up in pain.

Now let's not say I haven't learned anything after six years of dealing with this. I decided not to workout instead of pushing through it or doing something "light." And I've spend the past two nights icing it.  And today it feels better. Not 100%, but better. Maybe I'm finally getting wiser in my older age!

So back to the family visit. My aunt and uncle came to visit from Florida from Thursday through Sunday. They stayed near my parents (about 35 minutes away) and did touristy things the first couple of days. Saturday night my aunt wanted to make us all a big dinner, so we offered to host since our house can accommodate more people.  Since my brother lives about 90 minutes away from me and we were all going to the city for the Giants game on Sunday, they decided they were going to stay over.  We had a really great dinner and it was fun hanging out with family I don't get to see very often.

My niece snuggling with Emma in the morning. No, we didn't make either one of them sleep on the floor!
On Sunday we all went to the Giants game because the Phillies were in town. Being that I'm originally from Philadelphia it made for friendly ribbing. My parents, aunt, uncle and brother all wore their Phillies gear. I've since converted to a Giants fan because 1.) I don't really follow baseball much and 2.) the Giants have won 3 of the last 5 World Series. How could I not jump on that bandwagon?

So Dan, my sister-in-law, and I were in our Giants gear. My niece decided to go with my brother's Eagles hat that she found in the car. Wrong sport but who really cares?

The whole family at the game.
It was a beautiful day at the ballpark and the Giants won, so it was a fun day. We ran into some friends while were were there, too.

Dan & I are taking a "staycation" next week. So far we've got three rounds of golf, a movie, and another baseball game on the schedule. I'm really looking forward to the time off!

I have a free entry to the See Jane Run sprint triathlon in September but I'm waffling on whether or not I want to even do it. I honestly haven't been on my bike since the triathlon in April - my race stickers are still on my bike!  Maybe I'll peel them off and take a ride next week to decide how I feel about it.

And that's all that's happening from my little corner of the blog world.

No comments:

Post a Comment