Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Baaaaad Company...Til the Day I Die!

It was a crazy busy weekend around here.  Not only did Dan and I both play in a golf tournament - on separate teams - but we did something we haven't done in a long time. We went to a concert. And it wasn't Bruce Springsteen!

Paul Rodgers - formerly of both Free and Bad Company - played at a little local venue called the Mountain Winery. It's a great little winery up in the hills with a concert amphitheater that seats I would guess less than 2000 people. And let me tell you, he did not disappoint!

Grapes behind us!

I've always liked Bad Company and Paul Rodgers. His voice is smooth like butter and when he sings it's like the words just fall out of his mouth. Honestly I've never seen anyone with such a powerful voice who can make singing look so effortless.


Waiting for the show to start. Is this a cool venue or what?!
Seriously, even for a 65 year old rock start he still put on an amazing show. I got to hear all of my favorite Bad Company songs including "Gone, Gone, Gone" and "Shooting Star" and he even did a couple of Free songs.  It was pretty cool to hear some songs played live that are almost as old as I am!

Anyway we had so much fun that we're going to try to get to a couple more concerts there this summer.  Dan would really like to see Barenaked Ladies with the Violent Femmes since he was a huge Violent Femmes fan in high school. I'm trying to talk him into going to see Pat Benatar & John Waite - because, honestly I wanted to be Pat Benatar when I was in 8th grade!

No comments:

Post a Comment