Wednesday, May 20, 2015

When We Last Left Off...

I was struggling getting back to masters swimming. Well, I finally went on Monday night and I'm so glad I did.

We did the usual five minute warm up, then a 200, then 2 x 75 with drills & kicks, and then it was time for the main set. 5 x 300 with the 1, 3, and 5 pulling and 2 and 4 swimming. Just a few months ago if you told me to swim 5 x 300 I probably would have laughed thinking I could never do that, or if I did it would take me all day. But for some reason on Monday night it didn't phase me one bit. It still took me a long time, but I did the entire set.

It was a great confident booster heading to Catfish in just a few weeks which, by the way, I finally signed up for it. And to celebrate I decided that I needed a new swimsuit.

No that's not me in the photo!
Shopping can equal motivation or a reward!

1 comment:

  1. Cute suit! I actually just bought my first proper swimsuit last week and I am in love! I had been swimming in spandex shorts and sports bras. Swimsuit is so much nicer!

    ReplyDelete