Thursday, March 5, 2015

Things Are Coming Together

I *finally feel like I've got a plan for this spring.  Here is what I've got on the calendar:

April 4 - Marin Splash & Dash
April 25 - Moraga Tri
May 9 - Mermaid 10k

Thanks to Training Peaks for a free 7 day premium trial, I even put together a training plan and got it all down in writing.  Having a training plan makes it feel more real and also makes me more motivated.


I like having something in all of the boxes.


I've decided to use my free race entry for the See Jane Run Tri in September instead of for the half in June.  There are a couple of other triathlons happening this summer - one in June and one in August -  that also offer aquabikes, so I'm leaving my options open for those.  I also want to leave my weekends free for golf, and my husband and I are talking about re-doing our kitchen - mainly just paint and tile. But that's a project that could span a few weekends so it would be better if I wasn't training for something when we do that.

I'll probably do a couple of 5ks over the summer, and I'm trying to decide on a half marathon for the fall.  I've done the Morgan Hill half marathon and really liked it.  Plus they have a full marathon on the same day, so I wouldn't have to worry about a time limit - something to consider when you're walking.

So I guess now it's time for the formal training to begin instead of me just winging it like I've been doing for months!

No comments:

Post a Comment