Monday, January 12, 2015

I Hope I Don't Jinx Myself

I'm cautiously writing this post.  As I mentioned a previous post, I got sick with a cold after Thanksgiving that I just couldn't shake.  As it turns out, I think I've had a couple of colds since Thanksgiving, the latest starting on January 3.

I have had to cancel more plans than I ever had in my life since Thanksgiving - workout plans, dinner with friends, golf.  It's been incredibly frustrating to not have the energy to workout.  But I think I am FINALLY ready to get back at it.  (This is where I hope I don't jinx myself comes in!)

Back in the beginning of December I purchased a Groupon for a studio that has Pilates type classes, barre classes, and Real Ryder classes.  The Real Ryder classes are a spin class, but the bikes move from side to side - so it's supposed to simulate riding a road bike.

Lean to the left...lean to the right.
So tonight I'm going to my first class at this studio.  I'm so excited.  I think the workout I've missed the most has been spinning.

I've also renewed my tri club membership this weekend in the hope of getting in some more open water swims this year.  And today I renewed my USAT membership as well.

With the sickness (hopefully) behind me, I'm finally feeling ready to start tackling 2015!

2 comments:

  1. How did you like the new studio?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I've only made it there the one time for the spin class. The instructor was great, but I didn't care for the class. I didn't like the feeling of the bike moving to the sides - it was unnerving and nothing like riding a real bike outside.

      Delete