Monday, December 8, 2014

*tap*tap*tap* Is This Thing On?

I've been missing in action for a few weeks because of...well, just life.  Preparing for Thanksgiving was incredibly time consuming.  And as soon as Thanksgiving was over and I was ready to get back to normal, I got sick.

Last week was just full of yuck.  I was sick, had jury duty, and we had to replace the water heater in our house.  I haven't worked out since I don't know when.  But there has been some good, too.  Like this...

Emma & I got some new wheels
I got a new car just over a week ago.  It's a Ford Escape.  My former car - which I loved, loved, loved, and cried when we traded it in - was a 2001 Nissan Xterra.  But it had almost 160,000 miles on it and was starting to turn into a money pit.  It seemed every few months we were putting a few hundred dollars into it and I still needed new brakes and rotors, which would have been close to $1000.  So we decided that it was time for a new car so I could feel safer driving and not worrying about getting stuck somewhere.  So now I'm cruising in my new ride and it's such a good feeling to know that every time I turn the key, the car will actually start!  I'm also really looking forward to AC that actually works in the summer.

I'm finally feeling well enough to get back to a regular workout routine, but I just don't have the time.  I'm taking a test next week for a professional certification so I really need to focus all of my free time towards studying for it.  I'm only slightly confident at this point that I will pass, but I know that if I really focus this week I'll be fine come test day.

I'm really just looking forward to next Wednesday afternoon...my test will be over and I'll be able to focus and get back to a normal routine.  Till then...






No comments:

Post a Comment