Wednesday, November 12, 2014

How did it get to be Wednesday already?

I missed my Monday weekly check in by two days, but better late than never.  I've been taking part in a 21 day movement challenge.  It's been interesting because there have been some days lately that have been challenging - I just want to come home from work and sit on the couch, or I know I have something going on after work and won't get to the gym.  On those days, I just make a point of going for a short walk.  All movement counts!

I also did a 5k on Sunday - the Mermaid 5k.  I can't count how many times I've done this event at this point.  It's become a tradition!  My usual race buddy Meredith was there - although somehow I neglected to take a picture with my phone. Christina and Myla and Myla's little boy were also there.  Meredith coached a group of "Mini-Mermaids" across the finish line.  Christina ran.  And Myla & I walked with her son in the stroller.  It was a typical beautiful November San Francisco morning - if a little foggy.

The fog trying to burn off.

The Golden Gate Bridge trying to break through the fog.

The finish line. 
The top of the bridge has broken through.

It was a nice day and I don't mind walking these events so much when I've got someone to walk with - so I was grateful to have Myla there for company.  And even though she was pushing a stroller, we still beat our time from last year by over two minutes.

New favorite race shirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment