Monday, July 28, 2014

Staycation

"stay·ca·tion

 [stey-key-shuhn] 
noun
a vacation spent at home or near home, doing enjoyable activities or visiting local attractions." - definition courtesy of dictionary.com

This is exactly what Dan & I did last week - a vacation at home.  We played golf three times, went to the movies twice, visited San Francisco and Santa Cruz, slept late every day, ate too much ice cream and drank too much beer, took Emma for more walks than she normally gets over the course of a week.  It was heaven.

I am lucky to live in such a beautiful place where you rarely have to worry about the weather.  I can be in San Francisco in less than 30 minutes, at the beach in less time than that, and there are an abundance of golf courses in the area.  We had amazing weather and it was really fun to play tourist in our own area.

Palace of Fine Arts in SF

A stream in Golden Gate Park.
Golf in Half Moon Bay.
Vacation dog Emma.
Today I had to push the ice cream and beer aside and set my alarm for work.  And it's time to get serious about training for my September triathlon.  So in order to keep myself moving, I signed up for a 5k on Saturday.  Onward!

1 comment: