Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Is the Year Really Half Over?

I'm having a hard time believing it's already July.  It seems like the older I get, the faster time flies by.

I don't talk much about my job here but I had my annual review a couple of weeks ago which led me to thinking about my job and my future.  And I came to the conclusion that I can't see myself in the position I'm in forever - or even for a few more years.  When I was laid off in 2009, I spent three years trying to find a job that I could be happy in while earning enough money to pay the bills - and still afford the fun stuff like races and Sharks tickets.  I found work rather quickly but the people I worked for were different (crazy!) than what I was used to.  So when I landed in this position two years ago, I was happy to just be working for a reasonable person in a role that let me leave it all at the office when I left each day.  I thought I could get by with just working to pay the bills, and making my personal life fulfilling - which it is.  But lately the days are dragging and I'm being pushed to take on work that I'm not really interested in doing.  It's not that I don't want more work.  I just don't want to do this particular work.  So I signed up for fall classes at the local community college.  It's never too late to change careers!

In other July news, my hubby and I will celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary on Friday, the 4th of July.  Again, time flies!

On the beach at Lake Tahoe

And finally, I think I'm going to join a triathlon team today.  I've written quite a few race reports on Mermaid series races - including my most recent triathlon.  They have training groups throughout the bay area, and have finally last month started one near me.  I've done two workouts with them and am going to another workout tonight.  It's a very small group since it's new to the area, but that just means more individualized attention.  I'm really looking for people of my ability to bike with, and I think this is the right group for me.




1 comment:

  1. Aww, happy early anniversary and kudos to you for taking the plunge into a new career area!

    ReplyDelete