- I tried to go for an open water swim with Meredith, but we neglected to check to see when low tide was going to occur. Doh!
|Somewhere out there, there is water in the bay.|
- My dad was in the hospital - twice within a week. Luckily he is home now and doesn't seem much worse for wear.
- I've played a shit ton of golf and have found my summer golf groove. I want to play every weekend, both Saturday and Sunday. If only finances and my aging body would permit!
|Lots of baby geese on the golf course.|
- I met with a surgeon about getting my hip fixed and he couldn't help me because I'm not as bad off as I was led to believe. This is fantastic news! So I'll be meeting with his associate later in the summer to potentially schedule a fall surgery which will hopefully fix me enough to run again. I figure I'll wait until fall for surgery since my pain has improved and I don't want to spend my summer recovering from surgery when I could be playing golf and doing triathlon-like things.
- Received the Bia Sport watch that I'd backed on Kickstarter almost two years ago - and promptly decided that it wasn't worth the wait :( So I put that baby up for sale and bought myself a Garmin 910xt. The timing was perfect, as Garmin was having a rare sale so I got a great price and I'll get a $50 rebate. Anybody want to buy a Bia?
|Testing out the new toy.|
- And had a very relaxing Memorial Day weekend.
So now it's 10 days until the Mermaid Tri and 16 days until Catfish. There isn't much more I can do at this point to improve the results of either event, so I'm just going to go out there and do the best I can while still having fun. Until next time...