Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Swim, Bike, Done!

I feel like I've been a bit of a blogging downer lately - complaining about what I can't do and my lack of motivation.  Yesterday I was running on only about five hours sleep, which for me is NOT enough.  And when I'm tired everything seems more bleak.

I was in bed early last night and woke up feeling refreshed and optimistic today.  I'm even even considering signing up for another race - an Aquabike!

No, not this kine of aquabike!
I still don't know if I'm going to do Catfish this year.  There has been no word on whether they are sticking with the regular location or moving it.  The race company that puts on Catfish has had to move one of their triathlons to a location near the ocean, and I'm worried they are going to hold Catfish at the same place.  I don't feel like I'm a strong enough swimmer to conquer a mile in the ocean - the current makes me dizzy and my fear of sharks (the fish, not the hockey team) is very real.

But this same company holds another triathlon in June at a lake and they offer an aquabike option.  So swim/bike/done instead of swim/bike/run!  They offer both a sprint distance and an international distance.  Since I wouldn't have to run (or walk) at the end, why not push myself and go a little longer on the swim and bike?

I'm still sorting things out in my head and I would need to put together a training plan like yesterday if I'm going to do this, but it makes me feel better just knowing that I've got some more options out there if Catfish falls through.

No comments:

Post a Comment