Monday, April 28, 2014

Some Monday Tidbits

A random Monday morning post since I haven't written anything in a while.

I went to an open water swim clinic on Saturday and it was very helpful.  I was much more confident in the water than last year, but I still have a long way to go.  I don't know why I struggle so much in open water.  I can easily swim 400 yards in the pool, but for some reason open water just seems so much harder for me.  There must be something mental going on but I don't know what because I was so relaxed and happy in the lake.  Maybe I start out too fast.  But I'm really glad I went to this clinic because I would feel totally comfortable going back to this lake to practice on my own.  They have roped lanes and when we left there were quite a few people out there in wetsuits swimming laps between the ropes.  They also have lifeguards on duty at certain times.  So I'm going to try to get back out there a couple of times before June.  I also rented a sleeveless wetsuit for the clinic to see if I liked it better than full sleeve.  I like it so much, I decided to extend my rental through the race in June.

The Sharks took a 3-0 lead in their playoff series vs. LA but still haven't been able to finish them off.  Tonight is game six.  I really want them to win tonight because I don't think my heart can take going to game 7 on Wednesday.  Go Sharks!



I've been sticking with my training pretty consistently for the past few weeks, though I did miss a bike workout last week.

I'm playing in my first golf tournament of the summer on Saturday.  We've got eight women making up two teams, and my husband is also playing on a team with a few friends.  After the tournament, we'll go back to the bar that is sponsoring the tournament for dinner, drinks, and prizes.

And that's it for this Monday.  Have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment