Friday, March 28, 2014

Spring Break - for Grown Ups

Last weekend I was here.  Thanks to a friend with connections, I got to spend a long weekend with five great friends at a four star resort for a two star price.



These are my Philly girls.  I have know one of them since we were five years old, one of them since first grade, and the others since grade school and high school.  I love that we are still close after so many years.


We spent Thursday through Sunday at a beautiful resort in Boca Raton.  We sat on the beach.  We hung at the pool in our cabana.  (Yes, we were comped a cabana for the weekend!) We had spa treatments and massages.  We ate. We drank.  We caught up. But most of all, we laughed.  Oh, did we laugh - to the point where I had tears rolling down my cheeks and my belly ached!


I felt like I had just seen them all yesterday even though it had been at least seven years since I'd seen any of them.  It was the kind of weekend that is good for your soul and your spirit.  And it was just what I needed!

1 comment:

  1. I'm originally from Boca Raton! Small world :) Looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete