Wednesday, February 12, 2014

What Doesn't Kill You...

...either makes you stronger or leaves you  unable to walk down a flight of stairs.  Or possibly both.  That is how I'm feeling today.

I took the Group Weightlifting class at the gym last night that I had mentioned in my previous post. And I loved it!  But man, are my legs screaming today.

I had gone last Thursday which was upper body day.  Chest presses, tricep dips, battle ropes, lat pulldowns, and so much more I can't even remember.  I didn't think I'd be able to lift a fork to eat dinner when I got home that night.

Last night was lower body.  Back squats, regular squats, bridges, plié squats, kettlebell swings, and a few others that I can't remember.  Maybe I've blocked it out!

But I am loving this sore feeling!  I am working different muscle groups.  I'm working the muscles that I use regularly but in different ways.  I keep telling myself that this has to be good for me!

And the instructor said something that made me feel really good.  He said he was happy to see that I keep coming back because most people who purchase the Groupon quit after one or two visits.  When I asked him why, he said he thinks that they are just not used to working out regularly so they either don't want to commit to it, or they get too sore and give up.  Not me!  While I really enjoy all of the swim, bike, run workouts, it's nice to do something different - something that makes me feel like I'm getting stronger.  I may never be fast, but I can be strong!

Oh, and in case you're wondering, we did use the TRX in both weightlifting classes.  Glad to see they get some use!

No comments:

Post a Comment