Friday, January 17, 2014

Water Reignites Fire

I've been feeling pretty blah about triathlon season for the past few weeks.  Maybe it's because I'm not really training for anything specific right now.  I felt like I lost the drive.  I haven't been able to get motivated to try masters swimming. After all, I completed four tri's last year - what did I have to prove to myself?

But something happened when I was swimming last night.  I was plugging along doing a ladder set.  There was so much chaos all around me - masters practice going on, kids swim team, private lessons.  Add to this the fact that it was 70 degrees yesterday, and the pool and pool deck were packed!

But I just felt so focused and determined.  And my motivation for training has suddenly returned.





No comments:

Post a Comment