Wednesday, November 20, 2013

So now what?

It's the end of November - the "off-season" - and I don't have a single race scheduled for the rest of this year or next year.  This is the time of year when I should be plotting out what races I want to do next season.  But with my on-going hip issues, it's hard to plan anything.

However I recently started receiving ART (Active Release Technique) treatments on my hip, and I've actually started running again this past week.  At my treatment yesterday, my provider told me that the area that needed treatment used to be THIS size but now it's only THIS size.  So she is seeing improvement and I'm feeling it, too. 

I started the Couch to 5k (C25K) running plan last weekend for the umpteenth time in my short running career.  But since I haven't been able to run at all since late August, I figured it was best to start slow.  

And I'm going to start swimming with the Masters group at my gym once I get past the work and Thanksgiving busyness of the next week and a half.

So, things are starting to fall into place.  I have hope that I'm going to be able to run again - at least enough to get me through a couple of sprint triathlons next summer.  And if my hip continues to improve at a steady pace, I've got my eye on a 5k in January.


2 comments:

  1. Woot! You are going to love masters. I'm seriously going to be crying next week that we are taking a hiatus and I'll have to swim on my own this winter. I'm so glad you are seeing improvement with the hip, such great news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really interested in joining the Masters swimming near me - thanks for reminding me about it with your comment on my blog and your post here! So glad you are having improvement with your treatment.

    ReplyDelete