Sunday, September 15, 2013

Training Through an Injury

With only a few more weeks until the See Jane Run triathlon, I've landed on the injured list. The hip condition that I've been living with for over four years has sent me back to physical therapy.

So while I'm still able to swim and bike with minimal issues, running is currently out of the question. I'm trying to be a good patient...in fact, I haven't even tried to run in over three weeks and I've been diligent in doing my PT exercises. But it's still a little tough to accept that the race I've been looking forward to all year isn't going to go as I hoped or planned.

I'm trying not to let it affect my training. Like I mentioned, I can still swim and bike. I even went on a hilly three mile hike last weekend since I can't run. But I'd be lying if I said my motivation hasn't been lacking.


I swam today.  On the weekends they switch one of the pools to long course.  It was a beautiful day and I had a lane to myself.  Tomorrow I'll either ride my bike after work or I'll head to spin class.  I'm going to just keep going through the motions and hope that the excitement comes back.

1 comment:

  1. The nice part about a tri is you can still walk/hike the run if needed. Hope you heal up fast!

    ReplyDelete