Monday, July 22, 2013

And Training Is Under Way

I'm already into the second week of training for the See Jane Run triathlon and I'm feeling good.  With the help of some creative scheduling, I've managed to hit all of my swim/bike/run workouts, plus I've added in some strength training for good measure.

My motto for the training for this race is "Progress, not perfection."  In the past, I've been known to focus so much on hitting the exact time/mileage that it would stress me out.  By the time I got to the actual event, things weren't even fun anymore.  I have promised myself that I will not let that happen this time around.

Luckily it's early enough in my training that none of my workouts are even an hour long yet.  Because of this, I'm able to squeeze in a short run before heading out to play golf on the weekend.  Or I can move things around and get my longer weekend bike or run done on a weekday even with work, and do the shorter one on the weekend.  This week I'm doing short double workouts on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday because I'm playing in a golf tournament on Thursday & Friday.

Balance!  It's the thing that I think I was usually missing in the past.  I'm really enjoying triathlon and all of the training that goes into it, but I'm not going to sacrifice a round of golf or a dinner out with friends because I'm worried about how it will affect my training.

And speaking of golf, I had a fantastic time playing golf with seven of my friends on Saturday.  Girls golf outings are the best.  We joked and laughed and had such a great time.  There were so many deer on this course, I could not believe it.


A few youngsters in the fairway.
Who is that under the tree?
A closer look...just a baby resting in the shade.
We had the perfect weather for golf and it was good for my spirit to hang out with friends and do something active.

No comments:

Post a Comment