Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Where Have I Been?

I've been a bad blogger and an even worse athlete.  Since completing the Mermaid Triathlon a couple of weeks ago, I have been so inconsistent with my workouts.  I told myself that I could take a week off and do absolutely no formal workouts if that's what I wanted to do, but then I had to get back to work.  After that week I could do whatever type of workouts I wanted since I'm not actively training for anything right now.  Turns out the workout I've chosen the most since the tri has been sitting on my ass!

I have been to the pool exactly one time since the triathlon.  I've gone to one spin class.  I've run a handful of times and there have been a couple of strength training sessions.  And I think I've played golf twice.  But I feel like the worlds biggest slacker.

The only noteworthy workout I had took place this past Sunday.  My friend Sara and I met for a bike ride.  The City of San Jose has a project where local artists were commissioned to turn utility boxes into works of art.  So we decided to ride around the City to check out some of them.  There is even a link on Google Maps that will help you plot a course.  Here are a few of my favorites.

Cool Dragon

Of course I like the one with a dog on it.

Cat playing a drum.

Beautiful work.
We rode somewhere between 15 and 20 miles but it took us hours because we were stopping constantly.We barely saw a fraction of all of the boxes that are out there. It was a really fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon and get in some exercise.  




No comments:

Post a Comment