Thursday, May 2, 2013

See Jane Run

It's only been a few days since I finished my first triathlon.  In fact before I even dipped my toe into the water this past weekend, I had already signed up for another tri - the See Jane Run Triathlon being held on October 5 in Pleasanton.

See Jane Run is a local women's running store chain in the Bay Area.  Every spring they hold a half marathon and 5k in the area, and they also put on a few more events in different states.  They also partner with various running clubs to provide training for the events. I did the 5k in both 2011 and 2012.  In fact, my 5k PR was earned last year on the See Jane Run course so the run holds a special place in my racing history.  And seriously, how can you go wrong at a race where you get chocolate and champagne at the finish line?




I also did the See Jane Run duathlon last fall.  I had such a great time and knew that I wanted to come back for the triathlon this year.  Their events are always so much fun and incredibly well organized.  And again, champagne and chocolate.  What's not to love?

So imagine how excited I was when I got an e-mail last week that started with this:  "Thank you so much applying to be a See Jane Run Ambassador! I am writing to let you know that you have been officially accepted to be a 2013 Ambassador: CONGRATULATIONS!"

That's right...I am a See Jane Run Ambassador! I'm going to be blogging and tweeting all about my training for the triathlon as well as reviewing some products. I will also have a discount code to share with all of you for 10% off any purchase at a See Jane Run store or on-line. And...I'll get a free race entry to a See Jane Run event of my choice. Since I've already signed up for the triathlon, I just might go back and try to set a new PR at the 5k next month.



Again, I'm so excited and honored to be able to represent such a great company. It's going to make training for the triathlon just a little more exciting.




4 comments:

  1. That is awesome. Congratulations! I can't wait to read a bout your training and the great products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on becoming a See Jane Run Ambassador! I am also an Ambassador. Hope you get a PR at the 5k!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my fellow Ambassador! I'm still not sure if I'm going to do the 5k, but I am already signed up for the SJR Triathlon in October.

      Delete
  3. Congrats! I'm so very happy for you! Does this mean you won't do the Mermaid Series Du?

    ReplyDelete