Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston

The events at the end of the Boston Marathon finish line are too shocking and awful for me to put into words.  I feel like I need to say something, but I don't know what to say.

I think back to last May when I did a half marathon with a group of over twenty women.  How we met up before hand.  How those that were faster cheered on the rest of us as we crossed the finish line.  And it horrifies me to think that that could have been us.

This feels so personal to me.  I will never be a fast runner.  I'll never place in my age group.  But I'm out there.  I've done countless races with friends, and a handful of races alone.  But I never felt alone because the running and racing community has some of the nicest, most supportive people I've ever met.  You are never alone at the starting line.  There is always someone to chat with about the course, about your nerves while waiting for the start.  And so it feels like someone did this to my friends.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by this tragedy.  I will carry them with me in my thoughts when I run.




No comments:

Post a Comment