Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Hurt Locker

It's that place where I don't often go.  When I open up the Locker, I see all of the ugly things, the excuses, the things that make me feel like I'm not good enough at this.  I'm too old to be good at this.  I'm so slow because I've gained weight.  If I hadn't smoked for all of those years, I could be faster.  If I go too hard, I'm going to screw up my hip again.

But I'm tired of being slow.  And I don't have to be slow.  So I opened up the Hurt Locker tonight and I looked at all of those things - the things I don't like to face.  And while I ran, I picked up that Locker and smashed them all.

I ran faster and it hurt.  And then suddenly it didn't hurt.  And I was running faster than I have in a long time.  And it felt really, really good.




1 comment:

  1. Yay! I remember some of the workouts we did with the mermaids and it said "this is to get the girls used to being uncomfortable". If it didn't hurt everyone would do it, right? Great job!

    ReplyDelete