Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Looking Forward

I don't think I'm much of a New Year's Resolution type of girl.  I'm sure I've made some in the past - lose weight, exercise more, floss my teeth every night, learn to speak a foreign language, blah, blah, blah!  But I don't think I've really been successful so I stopped making them.

But this year I have some big goals in mind.  I plan on doing my first metric century bike ride and my first triathlon.

In order to achieve those goals, I need to have a plan.  So instead of New Year's Resolutions, I'm going to go with New Month Goals.

I like the idea of a shorter time frame so I can adjust more often.  And with a shorter time frame I'm also more likely to stay focused.  I'm going to try to keep them reasonable but challenging.  In other words, I'm not going to say I will workout in the morning every day before work because I know that will never happen!  But I need to stretch my comfort level a bit in order to hit my big picture goals.  So without further ado, I bring you the inaugural edition of my New Month Goals.

January 2013

  • I will swim at least 12 times. 
  • I will lose at least 3 pounds.
  • I will strength 2 times per week.
  • I will bring my lunch to work 3 times per week.
  • I will vacuum at least once per week.  (OK - not fitness related, but necessary!)


This pool and I are going to be seeing a lot of each other this month!
I think the swimming is going to be the most challenging goal to meet, but I've got my bag packed and I'm ready to go today.  Wish me luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment