Monday, December 31, 2012

Looking Back

It's hard to believe that in just a few short hours 2012 will be over.  I said to my husband a few days ago that this is the first time in a few years that I'm not hoping for a new job in 2013.  What a relief that is!  2012 was pretty good to me, and I'm hoping for more of the same in 2013.

I did a 10k in January, but by the time I was halfway done I was wishing I had only signed up for the 5k instead!

January - The Dam Run 10k

Another 10k in March was going well - on pace for a major PR - when I got to the finish line and realized I had only run 5.5 miles.  The volunteers had moved the aid station which cut the course short by .75 mile.  Oops!  It was still a fun day.

In May, I did a half marathon with about 20 other ladies that I know.  It was the pinkest event I've ever seen in my life, but I was pushed along to a 13 minute PR!  I also did a super sprint duathlon.

May - Daffodil Super Sprint Duathlon
June brought me a 5k PR.

See Jane Run 5k with my best race buddy!

But even more fun than a PR in June was the trip to Hawaii that I took with my family.

Paradise!

I convinced my brother to ride down Haleakala with me.  Awesome!
And if you're going to take one vacation in the summer, why not take two?  In July, Dan & I took Emma to Tahoe for the first time.

Dog days of summer.
In September I celebrated another birthday and started private swim lessons.  I also did another duathlon.

See Jane Run Duathlon

October was filled with golf and friends.

My favorite golf course.
November was another 5k and my first Bruce Springsteen concert in a number of years.  Bruce has still got it!

At the Mermaid 5k with Christina.
I did another 5k in December and wrapped up the year with the hardest 10k of my life just a couple of days ago.

I'm looking forward to what 2013 had to bring - my first metric century bike ride, improving my swimming so I can complete my first triathlon, more time with friends and family.

Wishing all of you the best in the coming year!

No comments:

Post a Comment