Monday, December 17, 2012

For the Love of Golf

When I tell people that I golf year round, they are often surprised.  Isn't it cold?  What if it rains? I'm not made of sugar and I won't melt.  I've been playing golf a lot longer than I've been running, and if it weren't for the number of rounds of golf I've played in the winter I probably wouldn't have considered running outside in the cold and rain.

So Saturday morning Dan & I set out to play at our local course.  There was a 45 minute frost delay so we stood around freezing and waiting to tee off.

Dan in his stocking cap waiting near the first tee.
We were lucky that we got to play by ourselves.  Usually if you make a tee time for two, they will pair you up with another twosome or a couple of singles. I guess not many people wanted to play in this weather.

It was a hot chocolate kind of morning.
I was playing really well considering I haven't been to the driving range to practice in months.  But we both felt like we were a little under dressed.  There was a cold breeze which is unusual for that time of day.  Brrrrr!

Notice the windshield on the cart.
Then a few holes later it started to rain.  Luckily we were prepared.  Rain gear and umbrellas - check!

12 holes in and still smiling!
Lucky for us, a few of the groups in front of us weren't quite prepared for the weather so they quit at the turn.  We breezed through the back 9 quickly.  Then I got to go home and take the hottest shower of my life.

.
A good golfer is prepared for any situation.
Looking forward to doing it all over again next weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I love it! It's all about having the right gear for the weather, right? :)

    ReplyDelete