Sunday, December 2, 2012

Bruce and Stormageddon

It's been a crazy weekend in the Bay Area.  The first of three storms rolled in on Thursday night, and Bruce rolled into town on Friday night.

As far as the storms, I'll just say wind and rain, wind and rain, wind and rain.

As far as the Bruce Springsteen concert, let's just say that the man never disappoints.



I saw my first Bruce concert back in 1985 at Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia and I've been hooked ever since.  It's not just a concert - it's an experience.  I'm such a huge fan that I even named one of my dogs Rosalita in honor of one of my favorite Bruce songs.

My sweet Rosalita.  I miss you!

Friday night was an incredible experience as always.  He played for over three hours - 27 songs including many old favorites and a few newer favorites.  He went crowd surfing.  He had a moment of silence for former band members Clarence Clemons and Danny Federici.  The band put on Santa hats and played "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town."  I had been looking forward to this concert for months and they did not disappoint.

The rest of my weekend was spent hiding from the other storms that rolled through the area.  My husband wound up working the entire weekend due to the rain, so I had a lot of time to myself.  I managed to get in a 4.5 mile walk/run this afternoon.  It was more walking than running because of the conditions.  There was so much debris on the sidewalks that I was afraid of tripping or slipping, so I took it slow.  Slow miles are better than no miles!

I started planning my workouts each week in Training Peaks and it seems to be working well for me.  I'm meeting a friend for spin tomorrow night and I've got a swim lesson on Tuesday.  And that's what's going on around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment