Monday, October 8, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

It was an absolutely gorgeous weekend in the Bay Area - sunny and warm both days.  Perfect workout weather.  And it was one of those weekends were I didn't have too many plans.  I love these kind of weekends!

Saturday I managed to get in a short run.  I love running earlier in the day so much more than after work, but I just can't seem to drag myself out of bed before work during the week.  I just did a few miles around the neighborhood - nothing exciting.  Still loving my new iPod and my new shoes.

Yesterday I did the Melo Velo ride with the Velo Girls.  Velo Girls is a local women's cycling club.  Every Sunday they host a 15 mile ride that is geared towards beginners - an out and back route with some rollers.  I've done this ride with them about a half dozen times over the past couple of years.  Up until recently my cycling had been so inconsistent that every time I would do this route, it felt like I was starting from scratch.  But thanks to my recent like affair with my bike - I can't quite call it love yet - yesterday's ride felt really good.

I can't say enough about what a great leader we had for the ride.  There were a few really new riders, and Amy took a great deal of time to assess everyone's level.  She gave great pointers about shifting, and would alternate between leading the group and dropping back to make sure everyone was doing OK out there.

We all regrouped at the turnaround and I wound up riding with another woman almost the entire way back.  We were talking the entire time, the weather was perfect, the scenery was beautiful.  It was just one of those days where I really felt grateful to be able to get out and ride.  I wish I had remembered to take some pictures, but I'm not too confident I could ride and photograph at the same time.  I'm finally comfortable with riding and drinking/eating at the same time.  Let's not push it with adding photography to the mix!

So aside from a short run and a nice ride, it was a very uneventful weekend.  Swim lesson #2 is on Wednesday.  Can't wait to see what Samantha has in store for me this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment