Monday, October 22, 2012

Rain, rain, go away!

Looks like winter - or at least fall - has arrived in the Bay Area.  Being from the east coast, I'm still amazed at the fact that it doesn't rain at all in the summer - not one single drop.  You can plan a BBQ, a wedding, a triathlon and never have to worry about being rained out from May through October.  

But this morning it's coming down in buckets.  And today I am thankful for spin class.  If it weren't for spin, I would probably be starting from ground zero (again!) with my bike fitness next spring.

Things are going to get interesting when I have to swim in the rain.  Considering my limited (*cough*non-existent*cough*) swim background, it's no surprise I've never swum in the rain before.  But my gym only has outdoor pools.  At least in this area I won't have to worry about them closing for lightning.

And I can't get out of here without a shout out to the San Francisco Giants who are going to play in game 7 of the NLCS tonight - if the rain stops.  Go Giants!

No comments:

Post a Comment