Sunday, October 28, 2012

In the Moment

It was a typical October weekend in the Bay Area - temperatures in the mid 70s, the Giants in the World Series.  You know, this happens all the time.

Yesterday I got up and went for a run first thing.  I love running in the morning - I always feel at my best.  It was perfect running weather - sunny, no breeze, but not hot.  I decided on four miles.  It was the first time I had done four miles since my half marathon in May so I planned to take it slow.  It was such a beautiful morning - tons of runners and bikers out on the trail.  I was completely in the moment - enjoying where I was and what I was doing.

I wanted to go for a bike ride this morning, but I also wanted to sleep in.  I told myself that if I woke up in time, I'd go do the Melo Velo ride.  Turns out I was awake in plenty of time so off I went.  There was a big group this week - probably 10 or 11 of us.  We got our pre-ride instructions and some tips from the leader and off we went.

I must be getting more comfortable on the bike if I dare to take pictures while riding.

I really love this route and should try to go more often - but sleep usually wins out.  Today again I tried to stay in the moment and just enjoy being out on my bike and the gorgeous weather we were having.  

They close this rode for bike riders 10 months of the year on Sunday mornings.
Before I knew it we were at the turnaround and heading back.

Not a bad view!

Overall it was a really good 15 mile ride.  Today's ride leader was fantastic - lots of tips and regular regroups.  And when it was over I felt like I could have gone further, so that is progress.

So I managed a decent length run and a good ride this weekend, and finished both before 11 am.  I feel pretty good about that.  And now to watch the Giants (hopefully) clinch the World Series.  Go Giants! 

No comments:

Post a Comment