Sunday, September 9, 2012

Holy legs, Batman!

I've been going strong with my duathlon training this week, and today my legs are feeling it.  I had a bike/run brick on Friday, a bike workout yesterday, and a run/bike/run brick today.

It's been quite some time since I felt the need for an ice bath, but today it was absolutely necessary.  Luckily it's pretty warm out, so I didn't feel the need to curse as I dumped two bags of ice into the tub with me.  It was actually refreshing and thankfully the ice melted pretty quickly due to the heat.


I'm hoping for cooler weather on race day but the extended Accuweather forecast doesn't look promising - sunny and a high of 88.  At least I don't have to worry about rain!

Another week of training in the books.  Now I get to relax on the sofa with my compression socks (and an adult beverage) while I watch some football.

No comments:

Post a Comment